Terms and Conditions of Sale
Definitions | The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
– Site – The term 'Site' refers to the European Merchants Ltd online store located concurrently at exchange.merchants.scot and europeanmerchants.bigcartel.com;
– European Merchants – The term 'European Merchants' refers to European Merchants Ltd, a company registered in Scotland, with Company No SC643557;
– Customer – The term 'Customer' refers to any person placing an Order through the Site, either for themselves personally or on behalf of their company or organisation;
– Product – The term 'Product' covers any product or service, presented on the Site and available for sale, for which payment is made through the Site;
– Order – The term 'Order' covers any transaction, initiated through the Site and consisting of the purchase of Product(s), for which payment is made through the Site.
- Operator | The Site is operated by European Merchants Ltd, trading under the name 'European Merchants' and registered in Scotland, with Company No SC643557.
- Host | The Site is hosted by Big Cartel LLC, a company registered in the State of Utah. Its Terms of Service apply in respect of its service and the functioning of the Site.
- Applicability | These Terms and Conditions govern and apply to all Orders or any other transactions made or initiated through the Site. By making or initiating an Order or any other transaction through the Site, the Customer indicates that they accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions with respect all such Orders and transactions.
- Jurisdiction | All Orders and any other transactions conducted through the Site are governed by the laws of Scotland. The Customer and any other parties to an Order or any other transaction agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- Orders | Orders will only be accepted and a relevant transaction will only be deemed an Order if the Customer provides a delivery address located in Scotland or the United Kingdom. All other transactions will regrettably not be accepted at this time.
- Payment | Payment for an Order must be made through the Site by credit or debit card as indicated on the Site. Payment must be successful registered and authorised before any relevant transaction is deemed an Order and such Order is deemed complete.
- Tax | Orders are assessed for and inclusive of UK Value Added Tax (VAT) where applicable.
- Delivery | Orders to delivery addresses in Scotland and the United Kingdom will be shipped for free via Royal Mail First Class post. Shipping to other destinations will regrettably not be provided at this time. European Merchants is not responsible for any additional charges, duties or taxes or applied by third parties in the shipment and delivery of Orders.
- Returns | The return or request for a return made by the Customer of an Order placed by the same, which is provided for by the statutory rights set out in the laws of Scotland and the United Kingdom, will be processed accordingly. Otherwise, all sales are final.
- Refunds | Where a refund is issued, whether associated with a statutory return or otherwise made at the discretion of European Merchants, the refund will be made to the payment card provided and used by the Customer to make original payment for the Order.
- Communication | European Merchants will communicate with the Customer by email to the email address provided by the Customer in the Order details at the point of sale. Correspondence through social media or social media postings will not be deemed applicable or actionable communication in respect of Orders or any other transactions.
- Severability | The finding that any part of these Terms and Conditions is not valid according to law will render only that part void and the rest will remain in force.
- Effect | Any failure by European Merchants to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Amendments | European Merchants reserves the right to amend or replace these Terms and Conditions at any time. Revised Terms and Conditions will take effect immediately, without notice, and govern all Orders made on or after the date shown below. Previous Orders will be governed by the Terms and Conditions as they existed on the date of order.
Enquiries | Enquiries in relation to these Terms and Conditions may be made to European Merchants by email to this email address.
- European Merchants is committed to protecting the privacy of the Customer and keeping the Customer informed of how their information is used.
- European Merchants gathers various pieces of information when the Customer use the Site. Such data may include the Customer's: name, email, billing address, delivery address.
- This Customer information is essential to process the Customer's Order, including its delivery, and to communicate with the Customer in respect of the Order.
- European Merchants uses this Customer information in a number of ways, including: processing the Order, processing a return or refund, communicating with the Customer.
- This Customer information is accessed by members of staff of European Merchants for purposes relates to Orders. European Merchants does not share such information with advertisers or use the information to conduct marketing or other promotion.
- European Merchants works with a number of third parties in order to provide the Site and its functionality – namely, Big Cartel LLC (which hosts the Site) and Stripe Inc (which processes payments). The Customer is advised to consult their terms and policies.
- European Merchants takes active measures to protect Customer data. The Site uses encryption technology and the payment system complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Payment details are only accessible to the payment processor.